The feedback that attendees provide about the sessions they attend at our conferences has always been important to us at The eLearning Guild. Historically, that feedback has been collected via paper-based feedback forms. We’ve decided that it is time for us to “go green” with our session evaluations. Starting with The Learning Solutions Conference and Expo and Ecosystem 2015, we’ve decided to move the session evaluation forms into an electronic format that is accessible via the conference app.
The evaluation form is accessible via the session description for each session on the program. The evaluation consists of only 9 questions, 5 that ask about the session and 4 that ask about the speaker. Here’s an additional breakdown:
- The first four questions provide a statement about the session, and ask you to rate how much you agree with that statement using a Strongly Agree/Agree/Disagree/Strongly Disagree scale.
- The fifth question is a free-form question asking you for any additional feedback you might like to share about the presentation.*
- The next three questions provide a statement about the speaker, and ask you to rate how much you agree with that statement using a Strongly Agree/Agree/Disagree/Strongly Disagree scale. NOTE: Question 8’s statement talks about the speaker selling products and services during the session. Please note that for this statement, a positive response is Strongly Disagree or Disagree.
- The last question is a free-form question asking you for any additional feedback you might like to share about the speaker.*
* Please note that the free-form questions require a response to continue. If you have no additional feedback to share, please enter N/A, None, or some other indicator so you can move on in the survey.
We’re very excited about this change, as doing away with the paper is environmentally friendly and will give us data in a much more useful format for analysis. Check out the below video for a quick walkthrough of accessing and completing a session evaluation via the conference app.