The inaugural FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo is less than a week away and people are getting excited for their trip to Austin. We asked a handful of those attending FocusOn Learning to share their favorite things to do, eat, and see in the “Live Music Capital of the World,” when they’re not at the conference. Here’s what they had to say.
1. Explore the options for extraordinary dining. Tex-Mex! BBQ! Austin IS one of the country’s great food cities, after all!
3. Walk the city in the evening. The historic 6th Street offers pubs and restaurants with live music.
4. Take a trip to the bat bridge. Beginning in March, North America’s largest urban bat colony emerges from underneath the Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge every night. They usually start to take off from the bridge right before sunset.
6. Tour the State Capitol…for free. Tours include key areas of the Capitol and information on the building, Texas history, and the Texas legislature.
7. Visit the nearby University of Texas campus, which houses a number of museums.
Do your part to “Keep Austin Weird!” Register today for FocusOn Learning 2016, June 8 – 10 in Austin!